HOW FAR IN ADVANCE CAN I SCHEDULE A SHIPMENT?
- One week. After that rates can change.
WHY WAS I JUST BILLED DIRECTLY BY THE CARRIER?
- More often than not it is because the shipper placed a PRO number sticker over the billing address or you gave the shipper a Freight Buddy confirmation document instead of the actual Bill of Lading (BOL).
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PACKAGE MY SHIPMENT?
- Palletized and shrink-wrapped is preferred, provided that the goods to be shipped fit inside the "footprint" of the pallet. If not, they should be boxed, with some sort of internal protection, like bubble wrap or foam.
HOW CAN I DETERMINE THE CORRECT INDUSTRY FOR MY SHIPMENT?
- Freight Buddy representatives can assist you with determining the correct industry classification for your shipment, just give us a call at 800-578-6009.
IS A PALLET ONE ITEM?
- Yes, but you can put as many pieces on it so long as it does not exceed the 4X5X5 standard dimensions of the pallet.
CAN I SHIP AN ITEM THAT ISN'T BOXED OR PALLETIZED?
- Of course you can, but BEWARE, this is when most damage occurs.
ARE DIMENSIONS REQUIRED FOR NON-PALLETIZED SHIPMENTS?
ARE THEY MEASURED IN FEET OR INCHES?
- Always in inches.
IF I DON'T KNOW THE EXACT WEIGHT WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Always overestimate the weight and NEVER round up, i.e., if you think the shipment weighs 295 lbs, do not enter 300 lbs, enter 295 lbs. Rounding just attracts attention of the carrier to reweight it and will cause additional charges.
CAN I SHIP HAZARDOUS MATERIALS?
- Yes, but not with Freight Buddy.
CAN I SHIP INTERNATIONALLY THROUGH THE FREIGHT BUDDY WEBSITE?
- Nope, we just handle the good ole USA and Canada.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE MY SHIPMENT TO REACH ITS DESTINATION?
- Depends, but the days in transit displayed on our quotation page are usually accurate.
WHAT IF MY SHIPMENT IS LOST OR DAMAGED?
- Freight Buddy will assist you in locating a shipment that is lost - just give one of our representatives a call!
- If your shipment is damaged, Freight Buddy will file a claim with the carrier on your behalf. To ensure payment on a claim, the shipment MUST be inspected at delivery by the consignee and delivering driver, and signed for on the delivery receipt as damaged. Then, Freight Buddy will require an invoice from the shipper/seller with the retail amount of the damaged shipment. It takes 60 to 90 days from submission of the claim to payment in most cases.
WHAT PAPERWORK IS REQUIRED FOR THE SHIPMENT?
- The shipper will need the "Straight Bill of Lading" that you are prompted to print on the final screen of the Freight Buddy scheduling website.
HOW CAN I TRACK MY SHIPMENT
- You can obtain a tracking number from the driver when your shipment is picked up. Just ask for a PRO Sticker to be affixed to your copy of the Bill of Lading.
HOW DO I PAY FOR MY SHIPMENT?
- Credit Card or Account. Our Account set up process is super fast and easy. Just give us a call and we can assist you.